Thanks for registering! Below is more information on the WFR course. You can expect a follow-up email with a link to precourse work 1 month out from your course.
Bishop CA. Specific location adjusts with season and weather and details will be emailed out before class starts.
WHAT TO EXPECT
The 5 Day WFR course is an intensive educational experience. Due to the accelerated nature of this course, it is paramount that students show up to course having completed their pre-course work and fully prepared to engage in the curriculum. Additional homework may be assigned. Students are strongly encouraged to take good care of themselves by staying hydrated and eating well throughout the day. It is not possible to be involved in any significant activity outside the course.
The course begins promptly at 8:00 am with an approximate end time of 6 pm every day (including the last day). However, our actual wrap-up time depends on a number of variables
100% attendance is required. Students are expected to participate in all practical skills sessions (see Functional Position Statement).
REQUIRED PRE-COURSE WORK
All students must do the precourse work assignments on Moodle (the online course platform). You will receive a custom link and log in information as the course gets closer. A digital textbook is available once you register on Moodle. Precourse work is expected to take 25 hours of study time. Setting aside time and having access to the internet is important to your success in the course.
WHAT TO BRING
- Camping style clothing that can get a little dirty
- Layers for weather any time of year
- Close-toed shoes for drills
- One set of throw away clothes that can be ripped mangled and destroyed during drills
- Watch with the ability to read seconds for assessing vitals
- A camp chair for outdoor learning
- 3 face masks
- Personal hand sanitizer
- Notepaper and pen
- Food water and snacks for the day
Click here for a resource guide
All cancelation and refunds will be handled on a case by case basis. In general
- 30 days or more prior to Day 1 of your course: Cancellations or transfer requests will be subject to a $75 processing fee, per registration.
- 15 days to 30 days prior to Day 1: 50% tuition refund or transfer credit. Transfer credits must be used within 12 months of the original course.
- 14 days or less prior to Day 1 (or no-show): No refund available*
- *If you are able to find another person to fill your space, you will qualify for a refund less the $75 processing fee.
- On the rare occasion where a Gut-Z Journey cancels a course (low enrollment, scheduling conflicts) you will qualify for a full refund or transfer at no additional cost.
- All COVID related cancellations have a choice of credit or full refund.
WEMT & CEU CREDIT
If you need CAPCE approved continuing education units you will need to print, fill out and bring the CAPCE form
Please email Natalie at email@example.com