Course dates: May 1-2nd, 2021
Location: Bishop CA
Duration: 16 hours of instruction
- Wilderness First Aid (WFA) certification- Valid for 3 years!
- CPR Certification (Adult CPR and AED training)- Valid for 3 years!
- California State Epinephrine Auto-Injector Training Certificate- Valid for 2 years! (eligible for state certification)
Best Suited For
- Any outdoor enthusiast
- Seasonal Outdoor Staff
- Great for members of the Eastern Sierra community
Students must be 16 years of age to participate in this course. Those under 18 years of age must have written proof of parental consent.
Key Topics Covered
The WFA includes a broad range of introductory medical skills and topics, including patient assessment, CPR, AED, and basic life support skills. Students also learn how to effectively manage respiratory and cardiac emergencies, shock, head injuries, altered mental states, basic wounds, infection, musculoskeletal injuries, spinal injuries, allergic reactions, environmental emergencies such as hypothermia, lightning, and drowning, and medical problems such as abdominal pain, and diabetes. And so much more…
To renew this certification students must retake the WFA class by the end of the month of expiration (3 years from initial certification).
Cancellation & Refund Policy
- 30 days or more prior to Day 1 of your course: Cancellations or transfer requests will be subject to a $75 processing fee, per registration.
- 15 days to 30 days prior to Day 1: 50% tuition refund or transfer credit. Transfer credits must be used within 12 months of the original course.
- 14 days or less prior to Day 1 (or no-show): No refund available*
- *If you are able to find another person to fill your space, you will qualify for a refund less the $75 processing fee.
- On the rare occasion where a Gut-Z Journey cancels a course (low enrollment, scheduling conflicts) you will qualify for a full refund or transfer at no additional cost.
Learn about your instructor HERE
Check out the that Wilderness Medical Associates has to offer HERE