This hybrid WFR course has 2 fundamental components: online pre-course learning and in person hands on practice.
The 5 days of the in person course instruction will be focused on putting that foundational knowledge into hands on practice. This will include group demonstrations, skills clinics and a lot of role playing. Students will practice patient care on live ‘patients’ in realistic drills and simulations.
Check out the that Wilderness Medical Associates has to offer HERE
The goal of the pre-course online learning is to establish the foundational concepts of prehospital medicine and patient assessment. Pre-course work will involve educational videos, reading, at home practice activities and knowledge assessments..
The dynamic hands on learning is the what makes these courses some of the most affective and memorable experiences a student can have.
Learn about your instructor HERE
CANCELLATION & REFUND POLICY
- 30 days or more prior to day 1 of your course. Cancellation or transfer request will be subject to a $75 processing fee, per registration
- 15-30 days prior to day 1:50% tuition refund or transfer credit. Transfer credits must be used within 12 months of the original course.
- 14 days or less prior to day 1 (or no show): NO REFUND available*
- If you are able to find another person to fill your space, you will qualify for a refund less the $75 processing fee
- On the rare occasion where a Gut-Z Journey cancels a course (low enrollment, scheduling conflicts) you will qualify for a full refund or transfer at no additional cost.
COVID update: Covid vaccine encouraged but not required for this course.